These cookies are a super easy to make and are a great after school snack or can be eaten for breakfast. The slow releasing oats will make sure your energy levels are kept balance with no sugar crashes.
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp All Spice
pinch of salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil/butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking sheet.
- Mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, all spice and cinnamon
- Whisk the coconut oil or butter, vanilla, egg, maple syrup in a separate bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue to mix then fold in the carrots
- Spoon the dough onto the baking sheet to make 12 cookies and press slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins